Somatic IFS Training
Beginning January 15, 2021
This Somatic IFS Training is for participants of a Somatic IFS 30-hour retreat who have also completed an IFS Level 1 Training and want to apply their knowledge of the embodied internal family to clinical issues. This training will build on your experiential immersion into the practices of Somatic IFS with instruction and supervision in the clinical application of somatic practices. Through demonstrations, small supervised practice groups, reading materials, didactic presentations, and large and small group discussions, you will learn specific practical interventions to access, witness, and unburden your clients' parts.
• Date and Times: Fridays 9am –12:15pm CST, January 15—May 14, 2021.
• Format and Content: 12 three-hour sessions plus 6 three-hour supervised practice group sessions (see Somatic IFS Training Schedule for details)
• Prerequisites: Attendance at a Somatic IFS retreat and having completed a Level 1 IFS training.
• Methods Used for This Training: Guided experiences, demos, small and large group discussion, case consultation, supervised practice groups.
• Continuing Education Credits: Continuing Education Credit is provided by Commonwealth Educational Seminars for the following professions: Psychologists, Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists. For information about continuing education credit and learning objectives, please click HERE.
• Maximum # of participants: 18
To register for this training, contact Beth O’Neil email@example.com
Presenter: Susan McConnell, MA, CIFST, CHT, senior trainer for the IFS Institute, teaching Internal Family Systems in the US and internationally since 1997. With over forty years of clinical experience, McConnell is the founder and developer of Somatic IFS, integrating nonverbal processes and spiritual practices with psychotherapy to embody the internal system with applications for all clinical issues. She is the author of Somatic Internal Family Systems Therapy: Awareness, Breath, Resonance, Movement and Touch.
Assistants: Nancy Berkowitz, PhD, RN-CS, N; Beth O’Neil, LCSW; Lois Ehrmann PhD; LPC; NCC
Fees: $1700 tuition. $1600 if paid in full by 12/1/2020.
Deposit of $500 due by 12/1/2020.
2nd tuition payment of $600 due 1/15/21.
3rd and final tuition payment of $600 due 3/1/21.
Cancellation policy: Full refund minus $100 administrative fee until 12/15/20. After this date, no refunds.